Even though you may not remember hearing your mother tell you to stand up straight when you were a kid, the truth is that she was right. Proper posture is crucial not only to look at your best but also to prevent health problems.
Make sure to discover the best posture brace advice and correction tips.
When you have a proper posture, your spine us stable and strong. However, when you have a bad posture, meaning that you stoop or slouch, your ligaments and muscles end up strained to make sure that you have the right balance. This will end up with you suffering from back pain, headaches, and other health problems.
So, how can you make sure that you have a proper posture?
I order to have a proper posture, your spine needs to have 3 natural curves – the cervical curve, the thoracic curve, and the lumbar curve.
#1: Good Posture While Standing:
When you are standing, you need to make sure that you have a good posture. So, you need to:
- Your shoulders should be pulled back and you should stand tall and straight.
- Your feet should be about shoulder-width apart.
- Pull in the abdomen.
- Keep your head level.
- Let your hangs simply hang naturally on the sides.
One of the best tips that we can give you when you need to stand for a long period of time is to switch your weight between your toes and your heels as well as between one foot and the other.
#2: Good Posture While Sitting:
No matter if you’re planning on be sit for a long time or for just a couple of minutes, you need to make sure that you adopt a good posture. Here are some of the things that you should pay attention to:
- Don’t cross your legs. Instead, your ankles should be in front of your knees.
- Make sure that the chair you’re using has a good support on the lower back. In case it doesn’t and you need to sit for a long time, make sure that you use a pillow or a towel to provide the support your back needs.
- Your feet should be flat on the floor all the time.
- Make sure that your shoulders are completely relaxed and not pulled backward, rounded or elevated.
- Your neck and upper back should be straight, in a comfortable position.
In case you tend to slouch, make sure to check out the best shoulder posture braces.
When you notice that you tend to have a bad posture because you slouch, the best thing you can do is to look at your own reflection to confirm it. To make sure that your shoulders are straight, just stand in front of the mirror and check it by yourself or ask someone else if you have any doubts.
The truth is that no matter if you’re standing, sitting, sleeping, or simply moving, you need to make sure that you always have a good posture.